Alison Larkin: An English American

Picture from left (Mama King, Alison Larkin & LW. Alison is holding up not her book but her friend and fellow adoptee, Susan Cox's book, Voices From Another Place.)














Two weekends ago I spoke at the Let's Talk Adoption Conference hosted by the Concerned Person's For Adoption at Rutgers University. I moderated our topic, Conversations I Might Have Had: With My Adoptive Family and the second session, Conversations I Might Have Had: With My Birth Family. We had a great turn out and a lot of great questions and discussion.

The highlight of my day was meeting Alison Larkin, author and performer. She is the kind of woman you meet and instantly want to be best friends with! So warm and bubbly! Alison wrote, The English American: A Novel. A wonderful, humorous and, at times, touching story of reuniting with her birth parents. Although it is a novel, much of the story is based on her personal experiences. Her book is going to be made into a movie! If you read the book (and I highly recommend that you do) you will see instantly how it will make for a great movie. The English American makes for a great book club selection...I know because our mom's group chose it for their last book selection.

2 comments:

maryanne said...

This book sounds great - I've just requested it from our library, thanks for the recommendation!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs