Quicky Conductor's Hat


My daughters love PBS's Dinosaur Train. We printed out a Junior Conductor badge from the PBS Kid's Dinosaur Train website.


If you have a badge you need a hat. Not just any hat, like the website suggests. No, they needed conductor hats. Being the crafty mama that I am the kids expect me to be able to make anything. This time I was lucky, because I pulled this out of thin air and made it in two minutes.

All you need is a piece of heavy weight paper, scissor, stapler or tape. Excuse the pictures. My cameras LCD screen is busted and I can't see what I am taking a picture of. I am shooting blindly.


Fold a piece of card stock in half 2 times going in both directions. So you end up with 16 boxes. Hold paper so that the long edge is closest to you. Cut along the folds (see picture) to the first crease. Repeat on opposite side. Cut bill of hat by cutting a half circle.


Staple sides closed. Allow for your child's head size. See how the sides angle to create a V shape. Trim excess over hang on sides. Decorate hat. All Aboard!

3 comments:

Abbie said...

that so cool! My son just loves that show too. And my daughter pipes up, "all-aboard!" every little chance she gets. I am going to have to try to make this hat. Both kids would absolutely love it. Your little looks very happy with mama's newest creation. :) Hope you are well.

MaryAnne said...

I really like your hat design!

crystal touchton said...

love this idea! we just made it, ours is blue and my son just loves it. Thank you.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs